Recipe from Turkey River Farm
This is a delightful vegetarian take on pulled pork sandwiches. Would work well with a pre-made barbecue sauce, too.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked
- 4-6 hamburger buns or rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Liberal pinch of red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- In a small saucepan, warm the olive oil on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute or until aromatic.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Stir frequently over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about five minutes.
- Scrape the spaghetti squash into a large bowl and stir in sauce.
- Toast the rolls then lay them open on individual plates and spoon the barbecue pulled spaghetti squash onto each. Serve immediately.
- Reserve the remaining barbecue sauce for later (keeps in the refrigerator for several days)